How We’re Addressing COVID-19
On March 19, 2020, California state and local officials issued a “Safer At Home” order, calling on people to remain at home as much as possible to combat the spread of the coronavirus. Click here for what you need to know about Safer at Home.
Now more than ever, Children’s Bureau remains committed to helping vulnerable children and families in our community. Our investment in technology and compliant systems has enabled us to swiftly move our workforce of nearly 500 employees to working remotely. Our investment in building safety and sanitation efforts has ensured that for those sites that remain open, all precautionary measures are in full force.
We are here for the community — children and parents in our prevention programs, our foster-adopt resource families, those needing mental health therapy — and will continue to provide vital information, resources and services through our “new normal” way of connecting, and most importantly, caring.
To date, we have done the following:
- Instituted a temporary telecommuting program policy for all employees and educated employees on compliant technology available to continue providing services.
- The Child Development Center at Magnolia Place in Los Angeles is closed until further notice. We will provide updates as soon as we have them. For questions, preschool parents can contact Paquita Mansouri, Child Development Program Supervisor at Children’s Bureau, at 213.342.0101.
- Mental health therapeutic services will continue with necessary health and safety modifications including the use of compliant technology for remote service delivery.
- Our social workers will continue to fully serve children in foster care, foster-adopt resource families, those receiving prevention services such as in-home visiting and case management, etc. using compliant technology.
- Foster-Adoptive Resource Parent Information Meetings are continuing using virtual meetings. Check here for an announcement regarding launch date.
- All Dads Matter classes in Orange County are postponed until further notice. We are exploring virtual meeting options and will share information once available.
- Educated staff on recommended protocols to keep themselves safe. We are also encouraging our employees to take any signs of illness seriously and seek medical attention as needed.
- Canceled group gatherings and events throughout the agency.
- Closed Children’s Bureau Magnolia Place Conference Center until further notice.
The safety and well-being of our staff and the families we serve is our top priority.
We are closely monitoring guidance by the World Health Organization and other public health organizations and taking proper health precautions where warranted. The situation in Los Angeles and Orange Counties is fluid and Children’s Bureau will continue to evolve our strategies to best meet the needs of the children and families we serve.
Now More Than Ever
The threat of COVID-19 has brought the world together in unimaginable ways that illustrate the hope and humanity we all share. Children’s Bureau has been helping families and communities for 116 and over the course of that time, has overcome many unforeseeable events like the one we’re experiencing now.
We can do this. But we need your support now more than ever. As always, we promise to be good stewards of your generosity with every donation going directly to helping vulnerable families in our community. Be the reason we get through this challenging time.